What is Nutrition
Good nutrition is an important part of healthy living. You can do wonders for your health by subscribing to a balanced diet. Start including healthy foods in your diet such as minerals and vitamins. This is inclusive of a protein source, dairy, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. Below are a few questions that will help you know if you need to seek medical assistance. If you answer any of the questions in the affirmative, then you need to have a discussion with your doctor about your health. You will also need to work on your eating habits.
- Do you feel like your situation will improve if you had a discussion with your registered dietician or someone who has some expertise on nutrition counselling?
- Do you think you are overweight?
- Has anyone in your family ever had osteoporosis, heart disease, cancer, or diabetes?
- Would you like to know if you can start taking vitamins or alter the foods in your diet?
- Has your doctor ever advised you to change your diet in order to improve your overall condition?
- Are you at risk of suffering from health problems such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure?
Changing your eating habits is not easy, but it is worth it. It is very important especially for people who suffer from diseases that can deteriorate by having poor drinking and eating habits. In fact, studies show that the symptoms of diseases such as celiac disease, lactose intolerance, and kidney disease get better when a person eats healthier foods. Make sure you consult your doctor before you make any drastic changes. The following tips may help
- Ask for guidance from your dietician such as helping and supporting you through a special diet. This is a very important point for people who have health issues.
- Track your intake by making daily notes of what you drink and eat. This will help you assess the state of your nutrition. It will help you know if you need to eat less or more of certain food groups.
- Assess your current diet and pick out the weaknesses and strengths then make the necessary changes.
Regular exercise and balanced nutrition are good for health. They help in maintaining and losing weight. Make sure you set realistic goals for both your diet and your workouts. Everyone benefits on reducing unhealthy fat. If you fall into the category of people who consume a lot of fat, then you need to change this habit. Examples of unhealthy fats are:
- Fatty parts of lamb, beef, and pork;
- Poultry skin;
- high-fat dairy foods such as cheese, butter, and whole milk; and Dark chicken meat.
Reduce your intake of these fats by :
- hydrating and drinking beverages that are low-calorie or zero calories. This includes tea or water. Avoid taking sweetened drinks like sweetened ice tea, flavored or sweetened milk, energy drinks, sports drinks, soda, and fruit juice.
- Reduce your portion sizes and be aware of the hidden fats in food.
- Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits as snacks and meals.
- Reduce fat intake including avoiding salad dressing, sour cream on baked potatoes, and butter on bread.
- Try other alternatives to frying meta such as broiling, grilling, or baking. Increase your fish consumption and remove the skin from the meat before you cook.
6 Tips In the Combination with Sport
- Eat a large meal if you have 5-6 hours before you begin your fitness exercise. But if you have 2-3 hours before your workout begins, smaller “mini” meals are way better. More so, eat meals high in complex carbohydrates because they can provide you with long-lasting energy power. Some good examples include baked potatoes, rice, fresh fruits, pasta, and bagels.
- Take less of sugars and sweets (especially candy and soda) because they don’t provide lasting energy.
- Limit foods that are high in dietary fat including ice cream, fast food, cheese, and nuts for your pre-exercise meal. These foods digest slowly and may cause you to be sluggish or tired if you eat too much of them. This can have a toll on your peak performance.
- Avoid high fiber foods like baked beans, broccoli, or high fiber cereals right before your sports activity. These foods pass slowly through the digestive system and may cause stomach pain and reduce your peak performance.
- Drink about 2 cups of water 2 hours before your fitness exercise. This helps to keep you hydrated and regulate your body temperature throughout your workout session.
- Incorporate protein-rich like tuna, eggs, dairy, nuts, beans, grains, and soy into your post-workout meals. This helps you for maximum muscle stimulus, especially when you distribute your protein intake throughout the day.
Nutrients for Your Peak Performance
As you engage in any exercise or fitness program, your body needs the right kind of nutrition in order to perform at its best aswell as the right Nutritional Balance. When you don’t eat a healthy diet, you are more likely to perform poorly or get tired easily. But if you want to attain your peak performance, you have to have a balance of:
• Iron, Vitamin, and other minerals
What are the essential nutrients I need?
The nutrients you need for peak performance in your fitness regime is not very different from that recommended for any healthy person. However, the amount of each food group that you will need depend on:
• The type of exercise you are engaged in
• The amount of training you do
• The amount of time you spend on the fitness exercise
You don’t have to be like some people who overestimate the number of calories they burn per workout. In other words, you have to be careful to avoid taking in more energy than you really expend during fitness exercise.
However, it is not advisable that you exercise or engage in sport on an empty stomach. Hence, you will need to learn the right time for you to eat before engaging in fitness training. You also need to understand how much food is the right amount for you.
Carbohydrates or “carbs” are very vital for supplying your body with the needed glucose for energy. They are found in foods like pasta, cereal, bread, potatoes, grains, vegetable, fruits, milk, yogurt, etc. However, when you take too much of carbohydrates, it gets stored as glycogen in your muscles and liver.
Your body relies on the stored glycogen during short bursts of exercises like soccer, gymnastics, sprinting, or basketball. This helps to keep your blood sugar level stable. But if you don’t have enough glycogen, you may feel very tired easily during a sports activity.
Fat is an excellent source of energy that can support your peak performance if you engage in longer exercises and endurance activities. Some good examples of these activities include swimming, long-distance running, cycling, or hiking.
So, your peak performance may decrease if you eat diets that are too low in dietary fat. Not only that, but this can also result in other health problems, like deficiencies of certain vitamins.
You can get heart-healthy fat from foods like salmon, avocadoes, nut butter, nuts, and olive oil. These foods can also help you attain your peak performance in sports.
Protein is needed by your body to build and repair muscles. So if you engage in sports that works your muscles, it is important that you get a good amount of protein.
Some good sources of proteins include lean meats like turkey, tofu, eggs, beans, and dairy products like Greek yogurt.
Minerals and Vitamins
Vitamins and minerals have many important functions to support your peak performance. For example, your blood cells need iron to transport oxygen throughout your body, and you need vitamin D and calcium for stronger bones.
Further, as you engage in fitness exercise, your body needs electrolytes like potassium, calcium, sodium, and certain minerals to regulate how your muscles work. These minerals also have an effect on the amount of water in your body.
Therefore, you should eat a balanced diet with a variety of foods to get enough amounts of minerals and vitamins. You can also take a multivitamin to boost your peak performance, but supplements with high doses of minerals and vitamins can actually be harmful.
However, the major vitamins you need for your peak performance include Vitamin B, C, D, E, Magnesium, and Iron. You can get them from most sports/fitness supplements.
You need water to stay hydrated throughout your fitness exercise. If your body doesn’t get enough fluid to work efficiently, it can result in muscle cramps, lightheadedness, and dizziness. Hence, ensure you keep a bottle of water/fluid around you whenever you workout.
Should I use protein supplement or eat extra protein?
If you intend to build muscle, you need some extra protein but you don’t have to get it from supplements. As a matter of fact, it won’t really have any benefit. What you need is get enough protein and calories from foods. This is essential for building new muscles.
Should I take energy bars?
There are different kinds of energy bars and some are only loaded with sugars. This may be harmful to your health and may not support your peak performance. So it is better to eat foods like yogurt, cheese, crackers, fruit, or peanut bars, as these foods contain some carbohydrate and protein that helps to build strength.
If you still consider buying Protein Supplements or energy Bar Buy them from a Good Site. We will provide some soon.